Tuesday, September 17, 2013

That thing I call an Ugam

What is it you may ask? That thing I call an Ugam, well it is what the rest of your Malaysians call mouth ulcers.

Being part Sabahan I call it an ugam. So I found it odd when people call it mouth ulcers. I guess people find it odd when I call it ugam too. Touche' people, touche'.

Ever since I accidentally tergigit the inside of my cheek five days ago, it won't stop throbbing and it cost me my sleep. I went to bed around 1 am tapi I think I fell asleep lebih kurang pukul 4.00 mcm tu. Hence being  the jobless/ drama queen/ writer's block I am, I have decided to write about it in a three hundred-word essay.

Can you imagine that a 300-word essay on my throbbing mouth ulcer. I have to admit I did cheat a little to make it interesting. Who doesn't right?

I did learn somethings invaluable writing this  particular piece.

1) never decided to go to bed when you're half way writing a story. ( I did, and  as the kesakitan of my ugam has berkurangan so does the concentration of my muse)

2) never write a story with your cat sleeping next to you (dia punya claws can reach your busily typing hands)

So inilah dia the first few sentences of  That thing I call an Ugam

 "It was like having a stroke. Unable to move a muscle, even when every neuron in your brain is instructing your muscle to expand and to contract, that part of your body just won’t move.  No, it was worse than a stroke. Simply because it hurt..."


No comments:

Post a Comment