Saturday, November 2, 2013

Super glad I am writing again

I am glad the last post I've written ended up as a draft. I know now what being angry for a little too long can do to me. I didn't talk to my mom  for a week. Everything I ate doesn't seem to say down. My chest is warmer than it was supposed to be. Because of my warm chest I have trouble sleeping. Yang paling teruk I stopped writing.. I stopped writing even weeks after I finished being angry with my mom.

Last week I went out with kawan-kawan lama yang dah lama kenal and kawan-kawan lama yang baru kenal in a team building program. It turns out this friend of mine is an actual writer. Not like me of course. An actual writer who've gotten paid for her work. A Malay  poetry writer. She taught me how to make it, but she also told me the obstacles she has to face. That she makes a lot more money selling her books of poetry in Indonesia than in Malaysia, because Malaysians don't read a lot. There's this one time when she makes RM10 000 to get her books published. Can you imagine that..  kalo org yg tulis buku bahasa Melayu pun tak boleh nak jual buku dekat Malaysia.. what to become of english writers like me?

But all that aside, I am super glad that I am writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment